1 take illegally, as of territory; "The Israelis are annexing more and more territory on the West Bank"
2 take (territory) by conquest; "Hitler annexed Lithuania"
3 attach to
- annexe (UK)
- a UK /ˈæn.ɛks/, /"
Annex or Annexe may refer to:
- Annexation, the incorporation of some territory into another geo-political entity
- "Annex", a building that is an addition to another building, like the Queen Elizabeth II Great Court at the British Museum
- The Annexe, the name of the hiding place in Anne Frank's House, Amsterdam
- The Annex, a Toronto neighborhood
- An early name for the Bangkok Adventist Mission Hospital
- "The Classical Annex", a short story by E. M. Forster
- An addendum or appendix at the end of a book or report
- "Annex", the place in the science-fiction novel The Giver where the protagonist trains for his new role as Receiver of Memories
- "Annex", a type of Serial console server or Terminal server device in computer engineering
- Alexander "Annex" Ellis, a Marvel Comics character
annex in German: Annex
annex in French: Annexe
L, abstract, accession, accessory, accompaniment, accroach, acquire, add, addenda, addendum, additament, addition, additive, additory, additum, adjoin, adjunct, adjuvant, affix, agglutinate, anchor, and, annexation, appanage, append, appendage, appendant, appropriate, appurtenance, appurtenant, arm, arrogate, associate, attach, attachment, augment, augmentation, bag, belay, block, boost, borrow, burden, cabbage, cement, cinch, clamp, clinch, coda, collar, collectivize, commandeer, communalize, communize, complement, complicate, concomitant, confiscate, conjoin, connect, continuation, cop, corollary, cramp, crib, decorate, defraud, distrain, ell, embezzle, encumber, engraft, expropriate, extension, extort, extrapolation, fasten, filch, fix, fixture, gain, garnish, get at, get hold of, glom on to, glue on, grab, graft, grapple, have, hitch on, hook, impound, impress, increase, increment, infix, join, join with, knit, land, lay hands on, levy, lift, link, make fast, make off with, moor, nationalize, nip, obtain, offshoot, ornament, palm, paste on, pendant, pick up, pilfer, pinch, plus, poach, postfix, preempt, prefix, press, procure, purloin, put to, put with, reinforcement, replevin, replevy, run away with, rustle, saddle with, screw up, scrounge, secure, seize, sequester, sequestrate, set, set to, shoplift, side effect, side issue, slap on, snare, snatch, snitch, socialize, steal, subjoin, suffix, superadd, superpose, supplement, swindle, swipe, tack on, tag, tag on, tailpiece, take, take on, take over, take possession, take up, thieve, tighten, trice up, trim, undergirding, unite, unite with, walk off with, wing